August 22, 2014
SCAN’s Public Education team spent time this summer developing a new page on SCAN’s website specifically for the faith community. Why? Because they have an important connection to the children and parents in our communities–and they are often in unique positions to safely provide support, compassion and love. We hope to connect with as many faith groups of all kinds as possible in the coming months, giving them the tools and resources to help them strengthen families and protect children in their congregations and beyond.
Here are just a few of the tools and suggestions we provide to faith groups:
- Share the Kids Need Connections campaign with your Faith Community here.
- Share SCAN’s Parent Resource Center here.
- Invite a SCAN Spokesperson to your Faith Community via our Speakers Bureau here.
- Become a ‘Pinwheel Partner’ for Child Abuse Prevention Month in April here.
- Schedule a Training to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse here.
Can you think of other resources that might be helpful for faith groups? Comment below or send us an email. And be sure to visit our Faith-Based Resources page and download the Faith-Based Resources flyer to share. Every connection with a local faith group means more chances to support prevention and strengthen families in Northern Virginia. Help us build new connections!