SCAN’s Speakers Bureau
Invite a SCAN Speaker to visit your organization! If you are interested in learning more about SCAN and its programs, we have a fantastic group of representatives ready to visit and share their story with you!
> Download a flyer about the Speakers Bureau here
Our Speakers Bureau can provide a variety of presentations (from 10 – 60 minutes) covering any of the following:
- Introduction to SCAN
- Impact of child abuse in NOVA/need for prevention
- Managing common parenting challenges
- What to do if you witness/suspect child abuse and/or child sexual abuse
- Community’s responsibility to invest in prevention
- Volunteer opportunities, corporate/community sponsorships, ongoing relationships with SCAN
Trained members of SCAN’s Speaker’s Bureau have a wide variety of backgrounds. From CASA volunteers to board members to parenting program participants, each has a personal SCAN story and is passionate about our programs’ success and why we depend on the support of community partners.
What kinds of groups have asked a SCAN Speaker to visit?
- Womenade, to speak to over 40 women in a private home event about their funding of CASA
- Arlington Kiwanis
- Northern Virginia Women’s Fashion Show, to introduce over 75 members and guests to SCAN
- Boeing Employee Community Fund, to present to Boeing Employees about SCAN
- FB Meekins Cooperative Preschool, to discuss with parents and caregivers how to prevent child sexual abuse
- State Child Abuse Prevention Conference, to present on “Engaging Diverse Communities” with a group of 40 attendees
- UMFS Staff Meeting, to talk about the ways in which SCAN can be a community partner
Would you like someone to visit your organization? Have a question or topic in mind?
You may also want to have SCAN present a workshop to your group!
SCAN is excited to offer a new series of fee-for-service workshops targeted at parents, volunteers and service providers. We encourage nonprofits, schools, government agencies and other community groups to consider hosting one of our workshops, which are based on our own existing programs and the expertise of SCAN staff. Workshops can be tailored to the needs of the audience and are often available in English and Spanish.
> Learn more about our SCAN Workshops here