Webinar: Rights-based Child Protection and Responding to Disclosure of Harm
Get the basics from SCAN!
Child Protection 101 includes prevalence, myths and realities, signs and indicators of abuse and grooming behavior, and responding to child disclosure.
Registration is FREE
It is the responsibility of all adults to keep children safe. Whether you are a child-serving professional, mandated reporter, parent or askable adult this interactive training will provide the basics of child protection.
We will explain some of the common misconceptions around all forms of abuse, but especially child sexual abuse. The process of child disclosure will be addressed with trauma-informed approaches to support those who have experienced harm. Tips for prevention and appropriate response will be provided and an optional question and answer period will be provided at the conclusion of the training.
- Understand prevalence of different forms of abuse
- Identify myths and realities of abuse
- Recognize features of grooming process
- Understand long term impacts of abuse
- Develop skills for first response to disclosure
- Understand disclosure as a process and why children rarely disclose abuse
- Identify trauma-informed approaches to those who have been harmed
Audience: educators, childcare professionals, family members, coaches, volunteers, clinicians, and other youth-serving professionals.
Training is equivalent to D2L Stewards of Children and Mandated Reporter Training.