Getting Started: How 4 Steps Make Organizations Safer for Adults and Children
Understanding the impact of trauma is the first step in making organizations safer for adults and children. Join us to learn the next steps and how each reduces children’s vulnerability to harm and exposure to situational risks. We will use case reviews to identify common practices of youth serving organizations (YSOs) that can retraumatize those with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). The training will identify the characteristics of organizational risk and simple changes that have a large impact on child safety. Participants will have an opportunity to plan next steps using provided tools and frameworks.
• Understand connection between complex trauma and institutional risk
• Identify unique factors in institutional abuse prevention
• Recognize common errors of historic approach by YSOs
• Identify shared values about role of YSOs in preventing and responding to abuse
• Plan next steps for your organization with provided tools and frameworks
Audience: Youth serving professionals in all sectors