Manager, Family Coaching and Engagement
Manager, Family Coaching and Engagement
Employment Type | Full-time
Using the Strength-Based Family Model to address issues such as problems with routines and transitions, parental anger, discipline, homework challenges, or disrespectful behavior, the Manager, Family Coaching and Engagement will provide research-based recommendations to help parents and caregivers build stable and nurturing environments for their children while promoting parental resiliency, reducing family stress, and connecting families with community resources.
Duties And Responsibilities
Empowering Visionary Leader
- Support the implementation of a new vision and direction for the Family Programs department
- Empower and inspire teams around a shared goal of supporting and strengthening families
- Manage all aspects of the Coaching and Family Engagement units
- Establish case management systems and protocols for Coaching Team; and
- Supervise the evaluation and data collection of programs in both the Coaching and Engagement units.
Management of Staff and Contractors
- Provide leadership in the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of individual child and family plans
- Facilitate coaching team meetings for development and discussion of individualized child and family plans
- Provide leadership in the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of Engagement Team series and workshops.
Establish Family Engagement Practices
- Establish and maintain friendly, compassionate, professional working relationships with parents and caregivers receiving services, family members and support team in a manner that reflects our values and culture
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of issues related to parenting and child development; an understanding of family systems; the impact of abuse and neglect; and trauma on children and their families
- Provide parenting and life skill curriculum and coaching for participants in individual, family and/or group setting as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with community organizations, leaders and resources to allow for easy connection and access for parents and caregivers in need of resources
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain strong understanding of positive parenting philosophies.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Child Development preferred (Bachelor’s degree required).
- Two or more years of direct practice experience working with families and case management.
- Experience engaging parents as partners and working successfully with families from diverse ethnic and cultural groups
- Case management experience and a well-rounded understanding of the inner working of CPS in Northern VA is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and motivate others to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience in crisis management is helpful
- Spanish-speaker preferred, but not required.
- Meets with Director to discuss staff progress/concerns, program implementation status and reporting
- Supervises Coaching and Engagement Teams execution of their programs and provides support as needed
- Assist with outreach efforts to raise awareness of SCAN new program services and generate referrals to the program; represent the agency at community events towards that end as appropriate
- Attends regular staff meetings, supervisions, in-service trainings, and other meetings/trainings as required
- Provides parenting and life skill curriculum and coaching for participants in individual, family and/or group setting as appropriate
- Maintains visits at the home or community location most comfortable to the family and as determined most beneficial for them
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to SCAN’s Communications team who develops content for online community
- Maintain and manage documentation of interactions with parents within the database
- Provide progress report to case planners, courts or other interested parties as needed
- Attend and actively participate in skills development training to and to keep current with changes within child welfare agency, and overall sector best practices.
The candidate must be comfortable discussing sensitive issues including child sexual abuse.
Candidate must understand and demonstrate a commitment to maintaining the confidential nature of client information.
A comprehensive background check is required.
Must be able to lift materials and equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
SCAN of Northern Virginia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com