Allies in Prevention Coalition
The Allies in Prevention Coalition, an initiative of SCAN of Northern Virginia, engages child and family welfare advocates in communicating regional messages to prevent child abuse and promote children’s well-being in Northern Virginia. The Coalition seeks to increase community and individual involvement to prevent family violence by sharing best practices; combining resources; and collaborating on effective public education messages about positive parenting and child abuse prevention.
• Nominate a hero HERE for a 2020 Allies in Prevention Award! Nominations due by February 8, 2020.
NORTHERN VIRGINIA CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION CAMPAIGN
• New materials coming for 2020!
JOIN US FOR AN UPCOMING MEETING!
March 13, 2020 (TENTATIVE) • 1:00 – 2:30 PM
Pinwheels Best Practices and Preparation for Child Abuse Prevention Month
To RSVP, please contact: email@example.com
• Child Abuse in Northern Virginia – an overview with statistics
• What Makes a Trauma-Informed Organization? – a definition & SAMHSA’s “Four Rs”
• Community Resources for Children & Families – for Northern Virginia
• Resiliency Resources for Child Welfare Advocates & Professionals (Connections Assessments, book lists and more)
• Children’s Stories that Build Resiliency
(book list, worksheets, tools for Young Adult books)
• SCAN’s blog for child welfare professionals: Connections
EXPLORE OUR WHITE PAPERS