Allies in Prevention Coalition
The Allies in Prevention Coalition, an initiative of SCAN of Northern Virginia, engages child and family welfare advocates in communicating regional messages to prevent child abuse and promote children’s well-being in Northern Virginia. The Coalition seeks to increase community and individual involvement to prevent family violence by sharing best practices; combining resources; and collaborating on effective public education messages about positive parenting and child abuse prevention.
2020 ALLIES IN PREVENTION AWARDS
• Learn more about the 2020 Allies in Prevention Awards Luncheon here!
NORTHERN VIRGINIA CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION CAMPAIGN
• New materials launching March 2020!
JOIN US FOR AN UPCOMING MEETING!
UPDATED: Monday, March 2, 2020 • 12:00 – 2:00 PM • April Campaign + Pinwheel Best Practices + Planning 2020
Location: Dunn Loring Parent Resource Center
To RSVP, please contact AIPC@scanva.org.
• Child Abuse in Northern Virginia – an overview with statistics
• What Makes a Trauma-Informed Organization? – a definition & SAMHSA’s “Four Rs”
• Community Resources for Children & Families – for Northern Virginia
• Resiliency Resources for Child Welfare Advocates & Professionals (Connections Assessments, book lists and more)
• Children’s Stories that Build Resiliency
(book list, worksheets, tools for Young Adult books)
• SCAN’s blog for child welfare professionals: Connections
EXPLORE OUR WHITE PAPERS