Allies in Prevention Coalition
The Allies in Prevention Coalition, an initiative of SCAN of Northern Virginia, engages child and family welfare advocates in communicating regional messages to prevent child abuse and promote children’s well-being in Northern Virginia. The Coalition seeks to increase community and individual involvement to prevent family violence by sharing best practices; combining resources; and collaborating on effective public education messages about positive parenting and child abuse prevention.
NORTHERN VIRGINIA CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION CAMPAIGN
• Explore the Parenting Can Be Tough Campaign!
• In Northern Virginia? Use the April 2018 “Take Action” Calendar!
• Download the 2018 Campaign Materials Order Form (PDF)
• Learn more about the Allies in Prevention Awards Luncheon
JOIN US FOR AN UPCOMING MEETING!
April 6, 2018 at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Tysons Corner: 16th Annual Allies in Prevention Awards Luncheon
June 13, 2018 in Arlington (Arlington DHS Auditorium, Sequoia 1, 2100 Washington Blvd.): Infant Mental Health
September 25, 2018 in West fairfax (Location TBD): Understanding Behavior in Children
November 2018 in East Fairfax (Date & Location TBD): Speak Up for Children Advocacy Day
WHAT DID WE DO LAST YEAR?
Read about our March 2018 meeting, The Importance of Routines, on our blog here.
Read about our November 2017 meeting, Speak Up for Children Advocacy Day, on our blog here.
Read about our September 2017 meeting, Supporting Families with Special Needs, on our blog here.
Read about our June 2017 meeting, Opioid Addiction in Parents, on our blog here.
Read about our March 2017 meeting, 2017 Campaign, Safe Sleep & Abusive Head Trauma, on our blog here.
• Child Abuse in Northern Virginia – an overview with statistics
• What Makes a Trauma-Informed Organization? – a definition & SAMHSA’s “Four Rs”
• Community Resources for Children & Families – for Northern Virginia
• Resiliency Resources for Child Welfare Advocates & Professionals (Connections Assessments, book lists and more)
• Children’s Stories that Build Resiliency
(book list, worksheets, tools for Young Adult books)
• SCAN’s blog for child welfare professionals: Connections
EXPLORE OUR WHITE PAPERS