Substance Exposed Infants
Fetal exposure to maternal drug, alcohol and smoking or vape use can significantly increase the risk for developmental and neurological disabilities in babies.
SCAN is facilitating the SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment) Project made possible through the Loudoun Substance Exposed Infant Workgroup and Inova Loudoun Hospital.
The following materials were developed to support medical professionals as they work with pregnant women in clinics and practices in Northern Virginia:
• SBIRT “It’s Never Too Late” Poster (English & Spanish)
• SBIRT Screening Tips Card
• SBIRT Universal Screening (English)
• SBIRT Universal Screening (Spanish)
• SBIRT AUDIT/Alcohol Screening (English)
• SBIRT AUDIT/Alcohol Screening (Spanish)
• SBIRT DAST/Drug Screening (English)
• SBIRT DAST/Drug Screening (Spanish)