Read our Strategic Plan
How we work to best serve children:
- SCAN will be a leading voice for children in the Northern Virginia region by cultivating, engaging, and empowering partners and volunteers to strengthen support for families and communities to prevent – and ultimately, end – child abuse and neglect.
- SCAN will strengthen and support parenting and families in Northern Virginia by providing accessible, evidence-informed educational programs and public education initiatives.
- SCAN will sustain and grow the CASA program so that all vulnerable children involved in child abuse/neglect cases in the Arlington and Alexandria Juvenile & Domestic Relations courts have a well-qualified, well-trained volunteer advocate to accelerate and improve decision-making necessary to place the child in a safe, stable, and nurturing home.
- SCAN will develop the partnerships, advocates and capacity needed to provide expanded and enhanced services in the communities of outer Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudoun Counties.
- SCAN commits to continue building its capacity to provide needed services while ensuring strong programmatic implementation and sound, sustainable operational and fiscal management.