Safe Sleep Trainings
SCAN is pleased to be partnering with Smart Beginnings Prince William County to offer valuable Workshops on Safe Sleep to the Greater Prince William community. The first workshop will be offered on Tuesday, February 21st at 4 pm at the Hylton Education Center at Sentara Hospital.
The FREE workshop is ideal for service providers, health care providers, parents, expecting parents, caregivers, childcare providers and anyone interested in helping spread awareness and information about safe sleep.
Tracy Leonard, SCAN’s Public Education Manager, will present the workshops using materials and information we have compiled through our Operation Safe Babies Program. Those attending will:
- Learn about the American Academy of Pediatrics New Safe Sleep Guidelines
- Learn how to Reduce the Risk of SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Causes of Infant Death
- Discuss barriers to safe sleep
If you’re interested in learning more about the trainings (or want to register), the following links will be helpful:
- Download the event flyer
- Register for the first workshop on February 21st
- Follow Smart Beginnings on Facebook to see future events