Council of Young Professionals
Looking to get more involved in your community and give back? Here’s your chance! SCAN’s Council of Young Professionals (CYP) is an initiative that aims to harness the enthusiasm and creativity of young professionals to extend SCAN’s reach in the community while providing valuable leadership experience to its members in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
With opportunities to support SCAN’s established programs through volunteer work and the development of strategic social media campaigns, the CYP also leads the planning and execution of a unique fundraiser, SCAN’s Croquet Day event, an exciting, family-friendly day of croquet, activities, food and fun! Learn more about the 2017 Croquet Day here.
The Council of Young Professionals is still growing! If you’re interesting in expanding your professional network and leadership skills while making a noticeable impact in your community, take a moment to learn more about the opportunities and expectations of CYP members though the information provided below. If the CYP looks like the right opportunity for you, please attend a volunteer orientation:
Opportunities for CYP Members
- Worktoward SCAN’s mission with a committed team of volunteers, staff, and board.
- Hold leadership roles within small groups/committees.
- Meet other young professionals through happy hours and other events.
- Connect with experienced professionals as mentors and colleagues.
- Serve a one-year term, commencing July 1st.
- Promote SCAN’s mission and programs in the Northern Virginia community at large.
- Participate in public education and fundraising events.
- Make an annual monetary donation and assist in fundraising efforts. (No minimum is required.)
- Attend and participate in bi-monthly CYP meetings and standing committee meetings.
For more information, please contact the CYP by email email@example.com.