Organize a Benefit for SCAN
You can make a difference for children and families in Northern Virginia!
We can help!
- Help advertise the event and your volunteer needs on our website and among our supporters
- Acknowledge direct contributions to SCAN
- Approve the use of SCAN’s name and/or logo, as appropriate. Please note that you must obtain permission from SCAN of Northern Virginia to use our name, and all materials with our name and/or logo must be approved in advance.
- Learn how a local faith group hosted a special festival to celebrate children and support SCAN
- Learn how one local teenager organized a benefit to raise awareness in her communtiy and raise funds for SCAN
Because of limited staff and resources, SCAN cannot:
- Offer funding or reimbursement for expenses
- Share our mailing list of donors
- Promote your event anywhere besides our online Events Calendar
- Guarantee staff or volunteer attendance at the event
Once you’ve agreed on an idea, download SCAN’s Benefit Application, fill it out and send it back to let us know your plans. After we’ve reviewed it, we’ll contact you to thank you, approve your use of SCAN’s name as the event’s beneficiary, and offer suggestions. If you have questions, please contact SCAN’s Executive Director Leah Fraley via email or phone at (703) 820-9001.