Thank you for making SCAN’s
6th Annual Croquet Day a success!
Read the official press release about the event here.
WHAT IS CROQUET DAY?
Croquet Day is a happy hour style Croquet Tournament designed to offer fun team-building with your coworkers…all for a great cause! The Tournament is played on 10-12 concurrent fields. Team members and other spectators are welcome to join in the fun (rain or shine!) by cheering on teams and enjoying this festive outdoor event! Check out some more exciting details about Croquet Day 2018 below:
- Commemorative T-shirts for tournament participants.
- Prizes from Springfield Golf and Country Club, Kiskiack Golf Club, Alexandria Restaurant Partners, Port City Brewing, Naked Mountain Winery, and Total Wine & More
- Finger foods from Sugar Shack, Vola’s Dockside Grill, Meggrolls, and District Taco
- Free Parking thanks to American Real Estate Partners and Colonial Parking
- An After-Party at Vola’s Dockside Grill! Croquet Day attendees will receive a coupon for one $1 draft beer and 15% of attendees’ tabs will be donated back to SCAN.
WHO CAN PLAY?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
ANYONE can play! Teams can have 2-4 players, and every team is guaranteed at least two matches. Top scoring teams from the Croquet Tournament will move into playoffs where prizes will be awarded. If you don’t want to play, you can still come and enjoy the afternoon outdoors!
The Croquet Day event attracts individual and corporate teams from across our service area of Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax County/Falls Church, Prince William County and Loudoun County. In total, including teams, spectators and volunteers, we anticipate between 200-250 people.
WHY THIS EVENT?
This event helps SCAN raise vital funds for our child abuse and neglect prevention programs! In fact, funds from events like this not only constitute 19% of SCAN’s yearly budget, but also represent the most flexible funding SCAN receives – which enables us to respond to community needs more effectively and efficiently.
Check out our Croquet Day 2018 FAQ!
Thank you to our 2018
Croquet Day Sponsors
Donna and Peter Cuviello
Melissa and James Dennis
and Mary Beth Morgan
Karen and Fredrick Schaufeld
Kay and John Tibbits
Christine and Nate Tipton
Photography provided by: