Pinwheel Partners & Pinwheels for Prevention
As part of our 2016 Northern Virginia Child Abuse Prevention Campaign — and through a national campaign with Prevent Child Abuse America — SCAN is proud to share the pinwheel as the symbol for child abuse and neglect prevention here in Northern Virginia.
Take action to educate your community about prevention! Your business, family or organization can become a Pinwheel Partner with SCAN of Northern Virginia! As a Pinwheel Partner you raise community awareness about child abuse and neglect, help fund child abuse prevention programs, and promote your business as a community partner.
HOW CAN I HELP?
There are many ways Pinwheel Partners can support our prevention efforts, including:
- Collecting coins in SCAN coin tubes (Great for cash registers or checkout lanes!)
- Making pinwheel craft (Great for parenting groups!)
- Displaying or distributing SCAN prevention materials such as banners (physical or online), brochures and fact sheets
- Hosting a Pinwheel Day at your business
- Selling pinwheels
- Planting a pinwheel garden (Purchase a kit for $25)
- Sharing our newsletter articles/bulletin insert during the month of April
BECOME A 2016 PINWHEEL PARTNER!
> Download the Pinwheel Partner Flyer & Application
TOOLS FOR PINWHEEL PARTNERS:
Make your coins count! Every cent you donate will make TWICE the impact because Burke & Herbert will match it (up to $1000)
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR 2016 PINWHEEL PARTNERS:
Arlington County DHS
Burke & Herbert Bank
Donate change at branches across Northern Virginia
Fairfax County DFS
Georgetown South Early HeadStart
Kappa Delta Sorority
Greater Fairfax and Loudoun County Alumnae Chapter
NVFS Serve Community Center
Prince William County DSS
Rockledge Elementary School
Talbots – Alexandria
Shop for SCAN on April 7